Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bigg Event

The most significant event this school year is probably this: My first indoor hockey game. I started playing hockey (not on a team) when I was 6-ish and have been playing outdoor ever since. My first hockey game indoor was in the fall of 07 and since that point, I have been playing pretty consistently. Indoor once every other week and twice every four weeks. But I did once play three times in three days. That was the big 9th vs. 10th hockey game in our church. The reason it impacted me so much is because hockey is a big part of my life (during winter, anyway) Also, another reason it was big was because the style of outdoor is so much different than that of indoor. There's no goalie, you have to keep it on the ice when it goes in the net, the raising is only used as a necessity, there's no lines, and there's no checking. The last one is the second biggest, the goalie being the first. These changes are pretty drastic, and it took me several games to get used to it. Oh, and there's no faceoffs and no off sides, no penalty shots or anything. So, in essence, the biggest event of this year was a big change in my favorite sport. Make sense? good.

7 comments:

Katie said...

How have you never played indoor hockey? I've never even heard of any outdoor hockey teams. Did you just play with friends or were you on a team?

subbu said...

thats cool. im not good with hockey stuff so i'll assume your post makes sense

Ender said...

I just play outdoor on a regular basis wity my friends

Ashley said...

i get it, and agree. :)

BVoight said...

ender, am i getting this right? you have never played on an organized team before? pretty cool that you can get involved with things you enjoy but not be tied down to the rigorous expectations of a team schedule and everything else that goes with it. You are able to participate in your own way and on your own terms!

Ashley said...

yeah mr. voight, but thats some of the fun of it..being on a team and everything that comes along with it.

Ender said...

thats just it. I don't want to be restricted to playing with certain people on a regular, strict schedule and having to practice if you don't even want to. I like the fact that i can just do whatever and then go to hockey after affirming it with my friends. Also, there's variation in the teams, so that i like a lot.