Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Favorite Chemical Reaction: H20

2 Hydrogen combining with Oxygen is by far my favorite chemical reaction. I say this because of the obvious- life cannot exist without water, or at least life as we know it. This single type of chemical reaction is essential to life on Earth. 2H2 + O2--->H2O. Sure, it's a basic reaction, but it is a simple necessity of life. And it helps that water is tasty, especially when I crave a nice, cool glass of water. And, to top it off, I even have a video for y'all. Click H2O and scroll down to the button/tab that says the water reaction.

9 comments:

Amy said...

umm when youre posting, on the top bar thing with the fonts and whatnot theres an icon that has a picture of some sort, click that and you can either upload one, or put a link to a picture from a website

Luke VanGeest said...

Dude, water is an awesome reaction I drink everyday it also helps as a great energy source. But I'm going to gloat and say that yes gunpowder is amazing, and I am a pyro fanatic when it comes to fireworks

Megan Schro said...

your right water is a definite essential of life with out water there would be no life as we know it. good reaction.

Katie said...

You wrote the formula wrong, it should be 2H2O not H2O. But otherwise good post and I loved the video!

031093 said...

I liked tha refrence you used it was cool! Anyway that's a really good answer. I never thought about the fact that water is a chemical reaction, I use it so often that I never think about how it's formed. Good post!

Ender said...

Oh, thanks Amy. And Luke, I agree that gunpowder is bomb. And finally Katie, I was going to fix that but forgot. Thanks for the warning. I'll put a second post up, maybe. I don't quite know yet.

Dominique is Amazing said...

I agree water is great and all but you're post was kind of short. But anyway, make sure you don't tell Megan that I'm the one passing you those notes to give to her!!!

kdf said...

Water isn't a chemical reaction!!!!!!

Ender said...

Don't worry, I wont tell her Dominique.
And Kyle, YES I KNOW it isn't, I'm not going to bother fixing it since Bvoight said it was a lame assignment.