Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Favorite Activity:Hockey.

I love hockey. I play hockey almost every day of the winter. And my enthusiasm for hockey is only increasing. I'm feeling lazy at the moment, so I'll just rip off of Ashley's blog. She stole my lines. I am the hardcore hockey player, and for those of you who don't believe it, I have played hockey in -20 degree weather, not counting windchill, for 3 hours straight. And today (Saturday) I played in -5 degree weather with 30 mph winds, making it around -40 ish degrees. And it was blowing snow all over. Now thats what I call dedication. And I do it for fun. I just love the sport. People could say, what's so fun about chasing a rubber disk all over a piece of ice? But it takes a lot of skill to pull moves on the defense and dangle the goalie or make a play that confuses the goalie in order to score. You need a good mindgame to have good team play, and team play is important. It's really fun playing with somebody you know well, so you can almost read their mind and create an excellent play. You need to know the other guy's thoughts, nearly. And that part of teamplay that is by far the most fun doing. And the feeling of satisfaction after you set up a good play or executing a move that fools the defense, is what hockey is all about.

6 comments:

lalli pop said...

Well im not very good at hockey but i do understand that its a hardcore sport. It must be a sport that raises your self esteem and make you feel good.

Ashley said...

jerk. you stole my stuff ;) haha jk you are pretty intense i do respect that

Ender said...

I think hockey is the best invention since sliced bread. Seriously.

Ashley said...

wasnt hockey like technically invented before sliced bread.? haha idont know but i agree with the concept. ha

Ender said...

probably. The thing that isn't so funny is that I think hockey was actually invented in Canada...lame.

Ashley said...

well wasnt it sorta like taken from a game native americans played? but i think the actual modern sport we know was canada. dangg