Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Question: Add On

Well, I may have forgotten some things. What causes our minds to change? What causes us to change our minds? How is our behavior changed? First off, I think the main reason our minds change or why we change our minds on something is when new outside information is presented to us. We process that information, weigh it and come to conclusions. Based on those conclusions, we act on them, which may or may not change the way we behave. I think that no matter the information, your point of view on that subject will be changed, even if it is only a little bit, which will also modify the way you act and behave. I'll use work as an example. Say your boss says that there's a job opening that pays much better in Texas, and you would be doing the same thing you are doing currently. You've always wanted to move there, but don't think you could quite afford it. That offer may just change your mind on whether you think it worth it to move to Texas, and you may actually end up moving there. That information changed the way you thought, acted and behaved. And those ideas and information come from the outside, remember. Which means the same thing as coming from our surroundings. I think that it all comes down to it that change occurs because of our surroundings.

3 comments:

Dominique is Amazing said...

I love this. It's really well thought out! I think I might quote you. Amazing job!

Ender said...

Thank you. I've done several revisions and think that I've got this well covered. There may be several other factors involved, but I think there arent many left.

Luke VanGeest said...

Troy trust me man you would want the job if you surroundings stayed the same only it then boils down to what your surroundings are like and what you would be moving into. If you moved to Austin and had the same job and came from Minneapolis you would love the urban environment and its surroundings. That can play a role in it also.