Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Why oh Why do we Learn Science?
My view on this question is this: I think we learn science because we are curious by nature and we can learn more off of the things we learn. This is essential to create new technology and advance in technology. Not only technological things though, but all areas of our lives. We learn how things biologically work, which will help us in making medicines better for the body, and not harmful. Wait. Do you mean science as in science-related things or science, the defenition, "knowledge brought about through study" If it's the latter, then we learn about economy and why it works to better utilize it. And we are also just curious. Take astronomy for example. We are curious beings, and wonder if there is extraterrestrial life out there, so we strive to learn wether that's true or not. But if you have anything to add, please do. I haven't read anybody else's blogs yet. Too busy playing hockey. Like right now Im going to play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey Troy dude I like yours because its really on the scientific side of how we use science and why its useful. But from other peoples posts I have seen more people use science in a more real life term.
Yeah, it was just a real quick blog, I had about 15 minutes to do it. Ill add on.
Good blog. I agree that science helps the advancement of humans, but you need more examples/ how it plays into our daily lives
I agree too that we need science and the study of it in order to advance our technology and way of life. You mentioned something about the economy too that got me thinking about what exactly is science. i mean, it basically applies to everything so in retrospect(i think that's how you spell it), studying science is really just studying what is occuring in your life and why it is happening.
I like how you used our curiousity as a drive for wanting to learn science. I totally agree with you about that. Byt following the other comments I have to agree that you should also say how it affects us in real life situations
yeah, I just did a quick one. I'll fix it soon.
I think I fully answered the question being that models help us look more in-depth into things that we might now be able to see other wise. Whether big or small. As I said in my essay about atoms we can't acually be there to seem them but with models of atoms we are able to view an atom more in-depth(with the knowledge that we have). I find people not to be able to answer the question very well, or at least their no putting it in words specifically
Post a Comment