Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Global Warming: The Big Issue

I am not the most informed person out here, but it seems to me that the two sides aren't even disagreeing on more specific issues, just the overall question of if it is manmade or not. Like this link said, “The current warming trend is simply part of a natural cycle of climate warming and cooling that has been seen in ice cores, deep-sea sediments, stalagmites, etc." I didn't even see anything mentioned contradicting that statement or general conclusion. Another link said that, "It forecasts a rise of 7 to 23 inches by 2100 and concludes that seas will continue to rise for at least 1,000 years to come. By comparison, seas rose about 6 to 9 inches in the 20th century." Has the other side adressed this? Not to my knowledge. What the trend seems to be is that one side is blabbering their own information, biased because of prior knowledge and opinion, while the other side ignores the blabbering and does the same thing! One side says that CO2 is not a pollutant, the other says the polar opposite, that it's causing all the warming on Earth. What the flippin' scientists with their biased information (to whatever extent, its still biased) need to do is get together and work things out, discuss problems and come to conclusions. We don't want this involved with politics. It has nothing to do with politics, although some make it an issue in politics. The media isn't helping out by publishing and airing crap about global warming. I say let's let the scientists do the scientific part. Not the media. I again say that I am not extremely informed, so try to correct me if I'm wrong on something, I seriously do not follow this kind of thing, although I should.

7 comments:

BVoight said...

I would say that your thoughts represent a great percentage of people in the world. Unfortunately, the rest of the world assumes the scientists have already "gotten together" and determined it was true, while, in all scientific actuality, they haven't. You know what amazes me? Scientists have done loads of research on evolution and every single piece of evidence we can find suggests that evolution took place. After all, it is the THEORY of evolution (which in science means pretty darn close to "fact"). However, people throw away evolution and say, "it's only a theory." Like, it isn't any good. However, scientists, which have NOT gotten together as you have said, do not agree on global warming and have a lot of evidence or thought to contradict eachother, yet the public embraces it with open arms. Doesn't make any sense.

I wholeheartedly agree that the media just ought to shut up until things get figured out. Of course that won't happen becuase they have an agenda to push too!

Rob said...

I agree with you when you said " What the trend seems to be is that one side is blabbering their own information, biased because of prior knowledge and opinion, while the other side ignores the blabbering and does the same thing!" I also think the media should stay out of it. Especially since most of the times they talk about it they have a biast standpoint.

Luke VanGeest said...

Hey troy I like your opinion on global warming and I like how you said about the scientific community hasn't gotten together yet to over all evaluate global warming. And there views on both sides of the spectrum are biased which they shouldn't be and the scientists should be evaluating the same things then make their conclusions on the information collected.

Luke VanGeest said...

Also, dude is it that you don't have a TV in your whole house, or just in your room specifically? Dude I have a TV in my room and yet I barley watch it. Actually I only go into my room to just play my guitar and go to sleep.

Smeber said...

I like how you didn't really choose a side on the topic and sort of stayed neutral while still mentioning the facts. That's how it should be but I guess as you said, politics and the media have corrupted the true nature of science. If you read my blog you'll see that i've chosen a side but i think i chose it as an informed person, not just a person who picks a side because he likes who's over there more. (Hopefully you understand what i mean)

becca said...

I agree with you when you said "Let the scientists do the science." This whole global warming topic has turned into a crazy political battle and forcing people to choose sides when science isn't about sides it's about facts.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is very stupid how these scientists don't get together and discuss it. Instead, they present their information to one political party and the media for that party blabs about it. And Yunus, (and Becca) I want to stay neutral. I don't like to get into these kind of things. As you said, Becca, many are forced to take sides and choose. I don't like to do that.