Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Change: The Electromagnetic Force

The electromagnetic force is basically this: Opposite charges attract, negative to positive, and vice versa. And also, alike charges repel eachother. Take magnets for example, as Kendall said, we learned about magnetics in school. Magnetics attract if they're opposites, and repel if alike. We also learned about magnetics in the earth, caused by the movement of liquified metals such as nickel in the earths core. It has caused change in my world specifically. Such as a compass. I have gotten lost while hiking with my dad, and had it not been for compasses, which work because the magnetics in the earth, I would've been lost for a much longer time. And also, electromagnetic forces are literally what make up my body. If it weren't for compounds, I wouldn't exist. Compounds exist because of the electromagnetic force, that opposites attract. Really, electromagnetics are the reason we and our earth, sun, stars, galaxies, and so on, are in existence. It really is bewildering that the universe, which is so infinitely big, relies on such a tiny little atomic force called electromagnetics, to exist.

6 comments:

Luke VanGeest said...

I like how you make a comparison being that all of these atoms with electromagnetic force, have made the universe work.As you would find on a football team or company if you have everyone working together it helps make such a big thing

Dominique is Amazing said...

I like your last few sentences. They really clarified my thoughts. And thanks for the support about my friend.

Ender said...

Yeah, no problem. Hope you make plenty of new friends. and thanks, even though it was a quick, not very well thought out post. I still think it was pretty good. And luke, I hoped that was the exact message I was communicating. Small things put together create big things, and small things are needed for big things to work.

Luke VanGeest said...

I get what your saying but in an element matter or compound there would be nothing so it wouldn't change. Unless gravitational force would come in I wasn't thinking about that so thanks. One thing, do you snowboard?

Anonymous said...

I like how you combine small things and big things, like a compass and the universe. I also liked how you pointed out that without electromagnetic force we would not survive. Good points and good job.

Ender said...

Luke, I sorta snowboard, not hardcore, but I still do sometimes. But yeah, I think that gravity eventually would pull some atoms together, but w/o compounds, we would not exist, which wouldn't be fun.