Wednesday, February 27, 2008
The God Particle:
That article was sweet! I love thinking about new, crazy things that may be discovered. Or it seems crazy. Discovering a particle that is able to tell us how the universe was created would be neat. I knew there were some things that made up protons/neutrons, and I've heard of quarks, but not gluons. And I do think it would make sense that a higgs particle could be created by smashing protons together. And another thing, I never thought we could accelerate anything even near the speed of light, and here we are, we can send protons at 99.99999991% the speed of light. That is insane. Think if we could send a watch at that speed and stop it, check the time and see if Einstein's theory was correct, that time slows as you approach the speed of light. And again, I'd just love to know the secret of the universe, why the strange things out there occur. I'll see y'all later. And happy birthday to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
happy b-day to you. I didn't make you a card but thats okay, at least someone did. It is crazy stuff and i agree with you. I kinda overlooked the fact we were sending stuff at the SOL but now that you mention it, the article became a little more interesting. Good post. A little short but it was to the point.
Happy B-day to you man, tell me what you got tomorrow in class. I'll be unlike subbu and give the greatest card ever. hahaaa. Well yeah man I read that article, if you think about it, if the "God" particle is out there it would totally disprove anything that a religion has said for the past thousand year, which create major chaos. Also, it would present a very interesting conversation in the scientific community.
Your birthday gift is the uber knowledge of science!
And yes, The god particle is godly. It truly is amazing how pretty much how everything interacts could be almost completely decided by one tiny little thing! Theoretically, it all just depends on how things "pick up" the particle. This decides all sorts of different characteristics of an object.
Who care if we can send something at the speed of light? What good will it do for the world if we find this particle? I think that these are the real questions that need to be answered. This is all wayy too mind-boggling for me to comprehend. So if I sound naive and stupid that's the reason.
I agree that is a pretty interesting subject. At first I thought it was pretty boring, but now that we are talking about the speed of light and being able to send things that fast, this article is alot cooler. Science rules!!!
Kinda short, yet to the point. I think you could've added a liitle more on the effects, but cool thing about making things travel at almost the speed of light.
I'm glad you found this so facinating. I thought it was neat too but it's so mind boggling for me to comprehend that it makes it really hard for me to understand hardly any of it.
i too thought this was unconprehendable. but its so unbelielevable that we could discover so much from something so little.
Post a Comment